Sunday, 4 November 2007


Could somebody point me in the right direction to find a death in Johannesburg, some time in the 1980's or early 1990's. I need to find a will in the hope that will name any children from the marriage. -- Graham Sanders, London

Answer: The estate file for your person would be filed with the Master of the High Court, but there are quite a few Offices of the Master in the various major cities. Do you have an ID number for the person or at least a date of birth?

With an ID number and/or date of birth you can establish the date and place of death and then you can do a search at the respective office of the Master of the High Court.

The estate file will contain a Death Notice which will list the children of the deceased. -- From Dennis Pretorius, Krugersdorp, South Africa, Executive Member of the GSSA, Genealogical Researcher, Owner of SA Genealogy E-mail List, via Rootsweb.

No comments:

Post a comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...